For a rich and more responsive web experience currently I'm using several clientside and serverside languages simultaneously, which I enjoy a lot. Please see below the section below entitled "details" for a complete list of these languages and technologies.
For a long time I contributed to the well-known ActionScript.org forums. Due to the unfortunate end of development of ActionScript I shifted my interest into the programming platform stackoverflow.com where I'm contributing about several languages on a regular basis now. I believe sharing knowledge and experience helps improve global standards.
I'm giving private lessons on ActionScript and PHP, as well as teaching a customized package of lessons with the self-explanatory title "Programming for Designers". I'm also working on a blog introducing basic concepts of programming to designers, which covers common mistakes and focuses on several languages.
Background information on my programming skills is available in the "about" page. here.
As a programmer I have experience in the following concepts
- Dynamic/static web application design & development
- Database design & management
- Server-side scripting
- Object oriented programming
I scripted for
- The World Wide Web (websites)
- Desktop applications (Adobe AIR)
- Standalone Adobe Flash projections & interactive presentations
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (js, jsx)
Languages & technologies:
- CSS, Sass & LESS
- ActionScript 2.0 & 3.0
- SVG (through the Raphaël JS library)
- JSON & AJAX
- Full-Flash websites:
- Prowide Promotions
- miniGears Italy
- personal portfolio v.2
- Joint language/technology websites:
- Standalone, interactive Flash projectors:
- Informative projector for Roche
- Annual Report of Dogus Otomotiv
- Flash and PHP driven CMS for the website of miniGears, Italy
- Flash music player and animated menu for Exart, an individual art initiative
- Video player for the standalone Flash personal portfolio
- Flash banners for Prowide Promotions
- Interactive Flash application for text & image manipulation on predefined products
- AIR application for basic image processing